1. This policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of “Mi:t & Links. Baltic Communications awards” website, which is owned by the Latvian Communications Association – hereinafter “we” “us” or “our”.
2. Latvian Communications Association (Biedrība “Latvijas Komunikācijas asociācija”) is a society registered at the Register of societies and foundations of the Register of the Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia, under registration number – 40008060436, and legal address Brīvības iela 40 – 24, Rīga, Latvija, LV-1050.
Information about data controller
4. Latvian Communications Association (Latvijas Komunikācijas asociācija) is your sole data controller.
Our contact information:
Address: Brīvības iela 40 – 24, Rīga, Latvija, LV-1050.
What data we collect and how we use it?
5. Depending on the circumstances in which we collect your information the types of personal information we collect, and store may include your name, job title, place of work or study, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number.
6. We may use your personal information to provide services to you, for example when you buy an event tickets or submit entries for the competition.
7. In more detail, we may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
a. administering your competition entries;
b. responding to any enquiry you make;
c. sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding our services;
d. sending you essential information about our events, including but not limited to, speaker announcements, programme updates and invitations to special awards events.
8. We may also use your personal information to further our legitimate interests, i.e. to help improve our services or for our direct marketing purposes.
9. We may disclose your information:
a. if you have given your consent to do so;
b. to third parties who are engaged by us;
c. to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to; ensure our compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding, or governmental request.
10. We may collect your personal data:
a. When you complete and apply for the “Mi:t & Links Baltic Communications Awards” competition and events;
b. When you subscribe to receive email alerts or other communications from us;
c. During any transactions with us;
d. When you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
11. We use this information based on our legitimate interest as a business to supply services – collect competition submissions and sell event tickets.
12. Like most website operators we collect cookies to improve the functionality of the website and collect statistical information about the use of the website, how useful it is and how we can improve it. Cookies are placed on your device for technical functioning of the website.
13. You may always unsubscribe from marketing communication here – firstname.lastname@example.org or using the link on our newsletter.
Who may access your data?
14. Data we collect is available to our employees and partners whore are properly authorized to access and use such data and to the extent it is required for those representatives to use the data for performance of the tasks assigned to them.
How long do we store data?
15. We use collected statistical data for analysis for up to three years. Once this term expires the data are automatically removed from all systems.
16. Cookies are usually valid for a short term (a day, a week, or a month), though in some cases they may remain valid for up to a year.
17. Other collected data is stored up to ten years to ensure our compliance with legal requirements and possible.
Useful information about cookies:
18. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. But if you do this you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, while some services and functionalities may not work.
19. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website if you do so.
Right to lodge a complaint
20. If you think your privacy rights have been breached, you may lodge a complaint with an authority of the EU country of your habitual residence. Contact information for these authorities can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.